- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 cups Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set aside 1 cup pineapple and 6 tablespoons juice; refrigerate remaining pineapple and juice for another use. Dissolve bouillon in water. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, bouillon and reserved juice until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and green pepper in butter. Stir cornstarch mixture; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the hot dogs and reserved pineapple; cook until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-Sour Franks in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p51
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Franks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review