Sweet-Sour Deviled Eggs
Folks will be sweet on these appetizers when they try them! "My family doesn't like traditional deviled eggsbut they gobble these sweet-sour versions right up," Claudia Millhouse of Myersville, Maryland reveals. "The eggs have also proven popular with our friends."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 5 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In
- a small bowl, mash yolks with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, sugar,
- vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- Garnish with paprika and parsley. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 138 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.