- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 5 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Garnish with paprika and parsley. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Deviled Eggs
Sort By :
"Recipe is so delicious!"
"This is the recipe my mother made and so do I (I'm 75). The only difference is I add Olive Butter. Can't buy it anymore, but use salad olives, make a paste in you blender and add about 4-5 tablespoons for 12 eggs. You can add more or less to taste."
"My best friend and I love these deviled eggs, however, they often come out too runny. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get a thicker consistancy? We would really appreciate it!"
"These were absolutely horrible! My husband loves deviled eggs and has a terrible sweet tooth, so I figured I'd try something new instead of my old recipe. I followed the recipe exactly. He thought they were sour, I thought they were too sweet (just goes to show you different palates), and they were very runny. I am only glad that I made these for us and did not have company. I would have been embarrassed. I'll stick to my old recipe."