The combination of garden-fresh vegetables and fruits tossed with a honey and poppy seed dressing makes this colorful versatile enough to accompany any entree. My husband and I love it!
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
- 1 large pink grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large bowl, combine the grapefruit and orange sections; sprinkle with sugar. Add red pepper and red onion.
- In a blender, combine the honey, vinegar, poppy seeds, grated onion, lemon juice, salt, mustard and lemon peel; cover and process until blended. Pour over fruit mixture and toss to coat.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the greens, mushrooms and fruit mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-Sour Citrus Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p37
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Citrus Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review