Sweet-Sour Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pancake syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 20 pieces breaded chicken nuggets, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until crisp-tender; remove and keep warm. Add the broth, syrup, vinegar and soy sauce to the skillet; bring to a boil.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Combine cornstarch and juice until smooth; gradually add to broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Add chicken nuggets; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the pineapple and sauteed vegetables; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 each) equals 473 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 1,170 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Chicken Nuggets
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer