"Everyone loves this meal, particularly our grandchildren," says Arlene Best of East Ridge, Tennessee. Frozen breaded chicken and canned pineapple make this dish a snap to prepare, and its sweet tangy taste keeps them asking for more.
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pancake syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 20 pieces breaded chicken nuggets, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until crisp-tender; remove and keep warm. Add the broth, syrup, vinegar and soy sauce to the skillet; bring to a boil.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Combine cornstarch and juice until smooth; gradually add to broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add chicken nuggets; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the pineapple and sauteed vegetables; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-Sour Chicken Nuggets in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p20
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Chicken Nuggets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review