Sweet-Sour Chicken Dippers Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/3 cups cold water
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, tomatoes, vinegar, onion, green pepper, soy sauce, ginger and pineapple. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and the reserved pineapple juice until smooth; add to tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- For the batter, in a small bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and water until smooth.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Dip chicken pieces in batter; drop into oil and fry about 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Serve immediately with sweet-sour sauce. Yield: 4 dozen appetizers.
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Chicken Dippers(11)
Sort By :
My family loves this recipe. I normally add teaspoon of salt and a tablespoon of soy sauce to the batter to give it a little more flavor. I also strain the sauce after it is made because my family doesn't like the chunks of vegetables in it. It is absolutely delicious!
Wonderful recipe. Tried in a frying pan and then a deep fryer and decided the only way to make these is using the deep fryer.
excellent recipe that the whole family really enjoyed! Even the one who doesn't like tomatoes!
I have made this several times. The chicken batter is amazing! We've used the batter with shrimp as well with great results.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >