I've been making these beets for special occasions ever since I found this recipe. They're so tasty and liked by just about everyone who's tried them. I grow beets in my garden, so I make them often.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (13-1/4 ounces each) sliced beets, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour and salt. Add the
- water, vinegar and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Gently stir in the beets,
- pineapple and raisins; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 117 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.