Sweet-Sour Beets Recipe
I've been making these beets for special occasions ever since I found this recipe. They're so tasty and liked by just about everyone who's tried them. I grow beets in my garden, so I make them often.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cans (13-1/4 ounces each) sliced beets, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour and salt. Add the water, vinegar and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Gently stir in the beets, pineapple and raisins; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 117 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Beets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC