Sweet-Sour Beef Recipe
Pasta lovers will savor this sweet and sour specialty over noodles. Chock-full of tender beef, sliced carrots, green pepper and onion, this stew-like sauce from Beth Husband of Billings, Montana is also a hit over rice.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours YIELD:10-12 servings
- 2 pounds beef top round steak or boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups pearl onions or 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, brown steak in oil; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the next 10 ingredients; stir well.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Thicken cooking liquid if desired. Serve with pasta. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 207 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC