THIS DISH is a great substitute for a green salad and a little more filling. We especially enjoy it with grilled steaks. When I serve this colorful salad to guests, they always ask for the recipe. -Judi Brinegar, Liberty, North Carolina
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a bowl, combine beans, green peppers and onions. In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-Sour Bean Salad in Reminisce Extra June 1999, p47
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review