Creating this charming snowman is even more fun than building the real thing--and you don't need mittens to do it. All the purchased treats kids love give this frosty fellow his engaging identity.
- 2 tablespoons vanilla frosting
- 3 Sno Balls
- 3 wooden skewers (8 inches)
- 1 chocolate wafer (2-1/2 inches)
- 2 Oreo cookies
- 1 piece red shoestring licorice (12 inches)
- 2 brown M&M's
- 1 piece candy corn
- 5 miniature chocolate chips
- 3 semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Place 1 teaspoon vanilla frosting on top of each Sno Ball. Stack Sno Balls on a serving plate on top of each other to form the snowman. Cut skewers slightly shorter than the height the of snowman; insert through the center of Sno Balls to secure them. Place chocolate wafer on top to form hat brim. Place a dollop of frosting on top of one sandwich cookie; top with other cookie. Attach to wafer with frosting to create the hat. Carefully tie licorice around snowman for a scarf. Use frosting to attach M&M's for eyes, candy corn for nose, miniature chips for mouth and semisweet chips for buttons. Dust confectioners' sugar around base of snowman if desired. Yield: 1 snowman (3 servings).
Originally published as Sweet Snowman in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p39
Reviews for Sweet Snowman
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2008
"In the recipe it called for 3Sno Balls What are they and where can I find them?"