Sweet Snack Mix
Tempt your troops with a twist on caramel corn, sent by Dee Georgiou of Omaha, Nebraska. "When I set out this nutty snack, the bowl empties fast," Dee says.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 14 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, cereal and peanuts. In a
- microwave, melt coating and peanut butter, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over popcorn mixture; stir to coat. Spread evenly on waxed
- paper. Allow to set for at least 2 hours. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 5-6 quarts.
Editor's Note: White candy coating is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is sometimes labeled "almond bark" or "candy coating" and is often sold in bulk packages of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 167 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.