Sweet Smoky Chicken Legs
When we crave the taste of barbecued chicken in the middle of winter, this oven-baked version hits the spot! You'll love the short list of ingredients.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 pounds chicken legs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- Place onions in greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; arrange chicken
- in a single layer over onions. Combine the remaining ingredients and
- pour over all, completely coating chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer
- reads 170°, basting several times. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 346 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 777 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.