Sweet Sausage Puffs Recipe
Gloria Butler shares her recipe for this delicious and easy appetizer that's a favorite with friends and family who visit her at home in Plain City, Ohio.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 40 miniature smoked sausages
- 1. For syrup, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Stir in pecans. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. Flatten each biscuit into a 3-in. circle; cut into quarters. Place a sausage on each piece of dough; wrap dough around sausage and seal edge. Place seam side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Pour syrup over bundles.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a chafing dish or 3-qt. slow cooker; cover and keep warm over low heat. Yield: 40 appetizers.
1 serving (2 each) equals 197 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC