Sweet Sausage Puffs
Gloria Butler shares her recipe for this delicious and easy appetizer that's a favorite with friends and family who visit her at home in Plain City, Ohio.
20 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 40 miniature smoked sausages
- For syrup, in a heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the brown sugar
- and water. Bring to a boil. Stir in pecans. Remove from the heat;
- set aside.
- Flatten each biscuit into a 3-in. circle; cut into quarters. Place a
- sausage on each piece of dough; wrap dough around sausage and seal
- edge. Place seam side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Pour syrup over bundles.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to
- a chafing dish or 3-qt. slow cooker; cover and keep warm over low
- heat. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 197 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.