I came across this recipe one year while judging at our county fair. It's a hearty bread that's well suited for colder weather.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup room temperature strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil; reduce heat. Add raisins. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes; drain and set aside. Crumble sausage into a large bowl. Add sugars and eggs; mix well. Stir in pecans and reserved raisins. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and pie spice; add to sausage mixture alternately with coffee.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled bread. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Sausage Coffee Ring in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p19
Reviews for Sweet Sausage Coffee Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review