Sweet Sausage 'n' Beans Recipe
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 pound smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer the carrots, onion, lima beans, green beans, sausage and baked beans. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; pour over beans. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 469 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,489 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Sausage 'n' Beans
"My children love this recipe. Very good and easy to make."
"This was fantastic! Normally my husband doesn't enjoy baked beans but when I made this he had 4 bowls of it! I think next time I will add more sausage and carrots. I left out the onions and lima beans."