Sweet Sausage 'n' Beans
Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina shares this slow-cooker version of a traditional French dish called cassoulet. It's sweet, saucy and chock-full of beans, smoked sausage and vegetables.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer the carrots, onion, lima beans, green
- beans, sausage and baked beans. In a small bowl, combine the
- ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; pour over beans. Cover
- and cook on high for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir
- before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 469 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,489 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 20 g protein.