Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina shares this slow-cooker version of a traditional French dish called cassoulet. It's sweet, saucy and chock-full of beans, smoked sausage and vegetables.
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 pound smoked sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer the carrots, onion, lima beans, green beans, sausage and baked beans. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; pour over beans. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Sausage 'n' Beans in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p49
Reviews for Sweet Sausage 'n' Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review