Sweet Sausage 'n' Beans for 3 Recipe
Our Test Kitchen found their inspiration across the pond! This slow cooker version of a traditional French dish called cassoulet is sweet, saucy and chock-full of beans, smoked sausage and vegetables.
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 cup baked beans
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, layer the carrot, onion, lima beans, green beans, sausage and baked beans. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard; pour over beans. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup (prepared with smoked turkey kielbasa) equals 302 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 1,344 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Sausage 'n' Beans for 3
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC