“My family loves this saucy Southwestern-style chicken, and it fits well within my sensible meal plan,” Joanne Watters from Cobourg, Ontario shares. “Add fresh pasta and a tossed salad, and a satisfying dinner is served!”
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Place the chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with reserved marinade.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 179° Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Salsa Chicken in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet Salsa Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review