- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Place the chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with reserved marinade.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 179° Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet Salsa Chicken
Sort By :
"Delicious chicken! I served it with spinach, rice pilaf and crescent rolls."
"Adding to our list of *favorites*. Thank you for sharing! K."
"This was sooo good. I added the chicken to all the marinade....then poured all of it on top the meat in the pan. After the chicken was done, poured the liquid into a saucepan and thickened it with a bit of cornstarch. This way had plenty of good juicy sauce to go over rice too!!!"
"Very good and extremely easy to make. My 17 month old loved it!"