Sweet Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1-1/2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Place the chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with reserved marinade.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 179° Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet Salsa Chicken(4)
Sort By :
Delicious chicken! I served it with spinach, rice pilaf and crescent rolls.
Adding to our list of *favorites*. Thank you for sharing! K.
This was sooo good. I added the chicken to all the marinade....then poured all of it on top the meat in the pan. After the chicken was done, poured the liquid into a saucepan and thickened it with a bit of cornstarch. This way had plenty of good juicy sauce to go over rice too!!!
Very good and extremely easy to make. My 17 month old loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >