Sweet Red Pepper Salad Recipe
- 6 medium sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. Place whole peppers on a broiler pan; broil 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 2-3 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers slightly. Continue broiling and rotating until all sides are blistered and blackened.
- 2. Immediately place peppers in a brown paper bag. Close bag and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off the charred skin and discard. Remove stem and seeds. Cut peppers into 1/4-in. wide strips.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the oil, parsley, garlic, oregano and salt. Add peppers; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours. Serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 194 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Sweet Red Pepper Salad
"I had tried this recipe when it had first appeared in TOH! I just used Italian seasoning since I didn't have oregano available! I'd omitted parsley.This was a delicious salad! delowenstein"