Sweet Red Pepper Salad Recipe
The garlic, oregano and olive oil give this salad a taste that's as bold as its color. We've eaten it as a side dish or piled high on garlic toast as an appetizer or snack. —Cookie Curci, San Jose, California
- 6 medium sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. Place whole peppers on a broiler pan; broil 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 2-3 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers slightly. Continue broiling and rotating until all sides are blistered and blackened.
- 2. Immediately place peppers in a brown paper bag. Close bag and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off the charred skin and discard. Remove stem and seeds. Cut peppers into 1/4-in. wide strips.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the oil, parsley, garlic, oregano and salt. Add peppers; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours. Serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 194 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC