The garlic, oregano and olive oil give this salad a taste that's as bold as its color. We've eaten it as a side dish or piled high on garlic toast as an appetizer or snack. —Cookie Curci, San Jose, California
Recommended: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 6 medium sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Place whole peppers on a broiler pan; broil 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 2-3 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers slightly. Continue broiling and rotating until all sides are blistered and blackened.
- Immediately place peppers in a brown paper bag. Close bag and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off the charred skin and discard. Remove stem and seeds. Cut peppers into 1/4-in. wide strips.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, parsley, garlic, oregano and salt. Add peppers; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours. Serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Red Pepper Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p35
Reviews for Sweet Red Pepper Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2016
"I had tried this recipe when it had first appeared in TOH! I just used Italian seasoning since I didn't have oregano available! I'd omitted parsley.This was a delicious salad! delowenstein"