Sweet Red Pepper Salad Recipe
The garlic, oregano and olive oil give this salad a taste that's as bold as its color. We've eaten it as a side dish or piled high on garlic toast as an appetizer or snack. Cookie Curci, San Jose, California
- 6 medium sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Place whole peppers on a broiler pan; broil 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 2-3 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers slightly. Continue broiling and rotating until all sides are blistered and blackened.
- Immediately place peppers in a brown paper bag. Close bag and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off the charred skin and discard. Remove stem and seeds. Cut peppers into 1/4-in. wide strips.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, parsley, garlic, oregano and salt. Add peppers; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 3-4 hours. Serve on lettuce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Red Pepper Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p35
Reviews for Sweet Red Pepper Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Salads >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >