Sweet Raspberry Muffins Recipe
I like to linger over a cup of coffee and a warm sweet treat on weekend mornings. These moist muffins are perfect because making them ties up so little time in the kitchen. I also serve them with holiday meals for something different. -Teresa Raab, Tustin, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- 2. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Top with 1 teaspoon jam. Spoon the remaining batter (about 1 tablespoon each) over jam.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Remove muffins to a wire rack. Drizzle glaze over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 168 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC