- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened (batter will be thick).
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of batter into 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Top with 1 teaspoon jam. Spoon the remaining batter (about 1 tablespoon each) over jam.
- Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Remove muffins to a wire rack. Drizzle glaze over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet Raspberry Muffins
Sort By :
"good but very sweet. used strawberry pie filling that was leftover"
"I've made this recipe twice now and it's an easy treat to whip up, however using the measurements provided this recipe only yields 7 regular size muffins. These remind me more of a scone than a muffin but they're still tasty. You can use any variety of jam you have on hand, and you can also jazz up the glaze by adding a dash of freshly squeezed lemon juice."
"Delicious muffins! A little dry, but with a glass of milk they are perfect."
"my kids love these muffins they are very quick and easy and you can sub and type of jam you have on hand"
"These were extremely short--too much shortening. The baking mix already has some in it, and then there was an additional 1/4 cup of butter. It just was too much. And they are VERY sweet. I was enthusiastic about the sound of these, but they were disappointing."