Sweet Raisin Roll-Ups Recipe
Refrigerated buttermilk biscuits help Eminence, Missouri's Linda Devine prepare these standout sweets in minutes. Drizzled with a simple homemade glaze, the warm-from-the-oven roll-ups offer cinnamon, raisins and walnuts in every mouthwatering bite.—Linda Devine, Eminece, Missouri
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a bowl, combine the raisins, nuts, sour cream, honey, 2 tablespoons butter, cinnamon and lemon peel; set aside.
- 2. Separate the biscuit dough into 10 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 6-in. oval. Place a rounded tablespoonful of raisin mixture on each. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; seal seam. Place roll-ups seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes. Combine confectioners; sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency; drizzle over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 220 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Sweet Raisin Roll-Ups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC