Refrigerated buttermilk biscuits help Eminence, Missouri's Linda Devine prepare these standout sweets in minutes. Drizzled with a simple homemade glaze, the warm-from-the-oven roll-ups offer cinnamon, raisins and walnuts in every mouthwatering bite.—Linda Devine, Eminece, Missouri
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, combine the raisins, nuts, sour cream, honey, 2 tablespoons butter, cinnamon and lemon peel; set aside.
- Separate the biscuit dough into 10 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 6-in. oval. Place a rounded tablespoonful of raisin mixture on each. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; seal seam. Place roll-ups seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes. Combine confectioners; sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency; drizzle over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Raisin Roll-Ups in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p36
Reviews for Sweet Raisin Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review