- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Additional minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 6-8 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pepper and green onions; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans, salsa, corn, lime juice, peanut butter, cumin and garlic salt; heat through. Stir in cilantro.
- With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each sweet potato. Fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon bean mixture over potatoes. If desired, sprinkle with additional cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potatoes with Cilantro Black Beans
"So very good. Spices so complimentary with potatoes. Loved the peanut butter idea.Going into my recipe book. Thanks for a good recipe.Roxy2"
"This is really really good. My teenage son who doesn't like sweet potatoes or anything meatless raved about this. Don't pass this one up."
"I love this- and the peanut butter adds a secret touch."