- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Additional minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 6-8 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pepper and green onions; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans, salsa, corn, lime juice, peanut butter, cumin and garlic salt; heat through. Stir in cilantro.
- With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each sweet potato. Fluff pulp with a fork. Spoon bean mixture over potatoes. If desired, sprinkle with additional cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potatoes with Cilantro Black Beans
"So very good. Spices so complimentary with potatoes. Loved the peanut butter idea.Going into my recipe book. Thanks for a good recipe.Roxy2"
"This is really really good. My teenage son who doesn't like sweet potatoes or anything meatless raved about this. Don't pass this one up."
"I'm always looking for healthy dishes to make for my family. They love sweet potatoes, and this dish was yummy! It could be a side dish or a main dish. It's especially good on a cold day!"
"I love this- and the peanut butter adds a secret touch."