Sweet Potatoes on Pineapple Rings Recipe
"This side dish is easy to prepare, fun to serve and delicious to eat," states North Canton, Ohio's Donna Gonda. "It's a staple at my Thanksgiving dinner. I pop it in the oven and let it cook while I'm carving the turkey."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 2 cups mashed canned or cooked sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices, drained
- 10 miniature marshmallows
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, brown sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place pineapple slices in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top each slice with 1/4 cup sweet potato mixture and a marshmallow. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC