Sweet Potatoes for Two Recipe
I like this recipe because it can be prepared for two, or easily increased to accommodate a large gathering. The color and taste of sweet potatoes make them a must for any holiday dinner!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg or mace
- 1. Cut potatoes into chunks; transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish. Set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, water and salt; bring to a boil. Pour over potatoes.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until syrup thickens, basting occasionally. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 425 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC