Sweet Potatoes for Two
I like this recipe because it can be prepared for two, or easily increased to accommodate a large gathering. The color and taste of sweet potatoes make them a must for any holiday dinner!
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg or mace
- Cut potatoes into chunks; transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, water and
- salt; bring to a boil. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until syrup
- thickens, basting occasionally. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 425 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.