I like this recipe because it can be prepared for two, or easily increased to accommodate a large gathering. The color and taste of sweet potatoes make them a must for any holiday dinner!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg or mace
- Cut potatoes into chunks; transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish. Set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, water and salt; bring to a boil. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until syrup thickens, basting occasionally. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potatoes for Two in Reminisce November/December 1992, p49
Reviews for Sweet Potatoes for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review