“This is a favorite of ours that we make every year and people in both sides of the family rave about it! My mother-in-law drove over to my house to tell me to enter the contest when she read about it. I'm glad she did!” -Erica Vickerman of Hopkins, Minnesota
- 3 cups thinly sliced tart apples (about 3 large)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Place apples in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice. Add the sweet potatoes, syrup, butter, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and vinegar; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potatoes and Apples Au Gratin in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p41
Reviews for Sweet Potatoes and Apples Au Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review