Sweet Potatoes and Apples Au Gratin Recipe
- 3 cups thinly sliced tart apples (about 3 large)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Place apples in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice. Add the sweet potatoes, syrup, butter, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and vinegar; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potatoes and Apples Au Gratin
Sort By :
"Can this be done in a microwave? Not enough room in oven with turkey."
"it turned out too dry"
"Yummy! For those of you who don't know, AU Gratin doesn't mean it has cheese in it, It means its normally cooked to leave a golden brown crust over it, you can use egg, cheese, bread crumbs, ect"
"I can't figure out what is "au gratin" about these potatoes. I don't see any cheese at all in the recipe."
"What is the purpose of the vinegar in the topping?"