Sweet Potatoes and Apples Au Gratin Recipe
- 3 cups thinly sliced tart apples (about 3 large)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Place apples in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice. Add the sweet potatoes, syrup, butter, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg and vinegar; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potatoes and Apples Au Gratin
Sort By :
"it turned out too dry"
"Yummy! For those of you who don't know, AU Gratin doesn't mean it has cheese in it, It means its normally cooked to leave a golden brown crust over it, you can use egg, cheese, bread crumbs, ect"
"I can't figure out what is "au gratin" about these potatoes. I don't see any cheese at all in the recipe."
"What is the purpose of the vinegar in the topping?"
"fun, healthy sweet potatoe bake. several asked for the recipe at a work Christmas party"