Sweet Potatoes 'n' Pears
Pears add a sweet flavor boost to mashed sweet potatoes.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 9 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the sweet potatoes in a shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; add
- water. Cover and microwave on high for 18-20 minutes or until
- tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining
- ingredients; beat until combined. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 286 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.