Sweet Potatoes 'n' Pears Recipe
Pears add a sweet flavor boost to mashed sweet potatoes.
- 9 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place the sweet potatoes in a shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 18-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; beat until combined. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 286 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC