- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place sweet potato in a small saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and cool completely.
- Peel potato and cube; combine with next five ingredients. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice; pour over salad, and gently toss. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. If desired, serve on lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Waldorf Salad
"Only change I made was to use dried cranberries in place of the raisins. I loved the taste and texture combinations of this salad! However, husband and kids didn't much care for it...the 4 of them agreed that the sweet potato seemed bland next to the sweetness of the apples and cranberries."
"Actually, I enjoyed this dish. Something different. The kids did not care for it all. More of an adult dish"