Sweet Potato Waldorf Salad
I came up with this recipe when I promised to bring a potato salad to a picnic but had no regular potatoes on hand. The sweet potatoes were there, so I revised by regular potato salad recipe and a new dish was born! Adding the apples was an extra touch and everybody loved it.
2 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Place the sweet potato in a small saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20 minutes or just
- until tender. Drain and cool completely.
- Peel the potato and cut into cubes; place in a small bowl. Add the
- apple, celery, walnuts, raisins and marshmallows. In another bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice; pour over salad
- and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 289 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium,