Sweet Potato Waldorf Salad Recipe
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 medium apple, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1. Place the sweet potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20 minutes or just until tender. Drain and cool completely.
- 2. Peel the potato and cut into cubes; place in a small bowl. Add the apple, celery, walnuts, raisins and marshmallows. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon juice; pour over salad and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 289 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Waldorf Salad
"Only change I made was to use dried cranberries in place of the raisins. I loved the taste and texture combinations of this salad! However, husband and kids didn't much care for it...the 4 of them agreed that the sweet potato seemed bland next to the sweetness of the apples and cranberries."
"Actually, I enjoyed this dish. Something different. The kids did not care for it all. More of an adult dish"