Sweet Potato Tossed Salad Recipe
“I love to cook and develop recipes for contests," shares Patricia Harmon of Baden, Pennsylvania. "This recipe combines several fall favorites in a delicious salad."
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 medium pear, chopped
- 2 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Place the sweet potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, syrup, mustard, salt and pepper; stir in basil. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens and pear. Drain potato; add to salad greens.
- 3. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Divide between two salad plates. Sprinkle with bacon, blue cheese and pecans. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 349 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Tossed Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC