Sweet Potato Tossed Salad Recipe
“I love to cook and develop recipes for contests," shares Patricia Harmon of Baden, Pennsylvania. "This recipe combines several fall favorites in a delicious salad."
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 medium pear, chopped
- 2 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Place the sweet potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, syrup, mustard, salt and pepper; stir in basil. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens and pear. Drain potato; add to salad greens.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Divide between two salad plates. Sprinkle with bacon, blue cheese and pecans. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Tossed Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p52
Reviews for Sweet Potato Tossed Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salad Recipes For Two >
- Salads >
- Salads for Two >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >