- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 72 wonton wrappers
- 3 quarts water
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 cup shaved Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; toss with 2 tablespoons oil, herbes de Provence, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- In a small skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Transfer to a food processor. Add sweet potatoes, ricotta cheese, liqueur, nutmeg and the remaining salt and pepper; process until blended.
- Place 1 tablespoon filling in center of each wonton wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten wrapper edges with water. Fold one corner diagonally over filling to form a triangle; press edges to seal. Bring opposite corners up over filling; moisten with water and press to attach.
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle boil. Cook tortellini in batches 30-60 seconds or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sage; heat 5-7 minutes or until butter is golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cherries and hazelnuts. Serve with tortellini. Top with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Tortellini with Hazelnut Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Tortellini with Hazelnut Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review