Sweet Potato Tartlets Recipe
My family can't resist sweet potatoes when they're mashed, placed in crunchy phyllo shells and topped with marshmallows. The bite-sized tarts are fun to eat, too!—Marla Clark, Moriarty, New Mexico
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 15 miniature marshmallows
- 1. Place sweet potato in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash sweet potato with butter, syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place 1 tablespoon potato mixture in each tart shell. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with marshmallows. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned. Yield: 15 tartlets.
1 tartlet equals 41 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Tartlets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC