Sweet Potato Tartlets Recipe
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 15 miniature marshmallows
- 1. Place sweet potato in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash sweet potato with butter, syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place 1 tablespoon potato mixture in each tart shell. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with marshmallows. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned. Yield: 15 tartlets.
1 tartlet: 41 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Tartlets
"I've had this recipe and it was great. I'll be making it this time and have a question...Since potato sizes vary, would say it is 1 cup of mashed sweet potato? Thanks for the recipe!"