My family can't resist sweet potatoes when they're mashed, placed in crunchy phyllo shells and topped with marshmallows. The bite-sized tarts are fun to eat, too!—Marla Clark, Moriarty, New Mexico
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 15 miniature marshmallows
- Place sweet potato in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mash sweet potato with butter, syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place 1 tablespoon potato mixture in each tart shell. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with marshmallows. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned. Yield: 15 tartlets.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Tartlets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p243
Reviews for Sweet Potato Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2015
"I've had this recipe and it was great. I'll be making it this time and have a question...Since potato sizes vary, would say it is 1 cup of mashed sweet potato? Thanks for the recipe!"