Sweet Potato Stuffing Recipe
Mom likes to make sure there will be enough stuffing to satisfy our large family. For our holiday gatherings, she slow-cooks this tasty sweet potato dressing in addition to the traditional stuffing cooked inside the turkey. —Kelly Pollock, London, Ontario
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in broth and seasonings. Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup (calculated without salt) equals 200 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC