Sweet Potato Stuffing Recipe
"Mom likes to make sure there will be enough stuffing to satisfy our large family," relates Kelly Pollock of London, Ontario. "For our holiday gatherings, she slow-cooks this tasty sweet potato dressing in addition to the traditional stuffing cooked inside the turkey."
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in broth and seasonings. Add remaining ingredients; toss to combine.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup (calculated without salt) equals 200 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC