Sweet Potato Stuffed Apples Recipe
- 5 medium tart apples
- 1 can (15 ounces) cut sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, divided
- 1. Core apples and scoop out pulp, forming a 2-in. cavity; discard seeds. Chop pulp; place in a bowl. Add the sweet potatoes, brown sugar, syrup, butter, cinnamon, salt and 1 tablespoon almonds. Spoon into apples; sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- 2. Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 269 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Stuffed Apples
"Turn this dessert into a main dish by topping the baked apple with cheddar cheese and serve with a spinach salad on the side!"