Sweet Potato Stew Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup V8 juice
- 2 teaspoons golden raisins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Crumble beef into broth. Cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 216 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Stew
"I had some sweet potatoes to use up and stumbled upon this recipe. I wasn't sure if the flavors would blend well, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good the stew tasted. I will definitely make this again!"
"My husband and I really enjoyed this, and it was so quick and easy."