Sweet Potato Stew
Beef broth and herbs pair nicely with the sweet potatoes' subtle sweetness in this hearty stew that's perfect for fall. I'm a happy camper spending my time in the kitchen creating delicious dishes like this. - Helen Vail, Glenside, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup V8 juice
- 2 teaspoons golden raisins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Crumble beef into broth.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the
- remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and
- potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 216 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.