Sweet Potato Spice Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely shredded uncooked sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sweet potato and orange juice concentrate. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 152 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Spice Cookies
"I thought they were too sweet, possibly because if the coconut. I used sweetened since the recipe didn't specify."
"Uniquely delicious combination of ingredients---easy to make. People were reluctant to try them, but then came back for seconds after tasting one. Easy to make, too!"
"Delicious and fun to make. The Grandkids loved them. This recipe is a keeper."
"These were okay. Really kind of boring. Not sure the sweet potato added anything."
"Delicious and so easy to make... Will definitely keep in my Recipe box to make again..."
"Very good, but very sweet! One or two was more than enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. This will be a great cookie to make for all the upcoming holiday parties. I didn't have any OJ concentrate, so I used 1 T. orange extract and 2 T. water."
"Kids, husband and coworkers love it. The only thing I changed-instead of orange concentrate I used orange zest from 1 large orange"
"These are sooo delicious! I followed the recipe except I used orange juice instead of concentrate because that's only what I had. Still an outstanding cookie and one of our most favorite. Try them!"
"this is a keeper, everyone asks for the recipe, cannot keep them on the platter!!"
"Have made this recipe several times and have had rave reviews. I make w whole wheat pastry flour instead of white and add extra butterscotch chips. Fabulous!!!!!!! Super buttery and rich."
"I tasted this cookie when I went to the "Taste of Home" store in Wi. It was fantastic. I make it all the time and family and friends cannot believe that there is sweet potato in the cookie."
"My college age daughter loves extra healthy food- whereas I gravitate towards extra gooey- yummy goodness. So when we were choosing what we would bake when she was home from school over the holidays. She had this one in her list. It was the favorite at every gathering- everyone wanted to tast the cookie that had sweet potatoes in it. It got high reviews from the extra gooey goodness crowd as well as the others :)"