- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely shredded uncooked sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sweet potato and orange juice concentrate. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Spice Cookies
"I thought they were too sweet, possibly because if the coconut. I used sweetened since the recipe didn't specify."
"Uniquely delicious combination of ingredients---easy to make. People were reluctant to try them, but then came back for seconds after tasting one. Easy to make, too!"
"Delicious and fun to make. The Grandkids loved them. This recipe is a keeper."
"These were okay. Really kind of boring. Not sure the sweet potato added anything."
"Delicious and so easy to make... Will definitely keep in my Recipe box to make again..."