Sweet Potato Spice Bread
Moist and tender, this delightful quick bread has a bold molasses-spice flavor. It's a good thing this recipe makes two mini loaves because they'll go fast! You can eat one loaf now and freeze the other for later. — Ronnie Littles, Virginia Beach, Virginia
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- In another small bowl, whisk the egg, sweet potato, honey, oil and
- molasses. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in
- Transfer to two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: 2 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 142 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium,