Moist and tender, this delightful quick bread has a bold molasses-spice flavor. It's a good thing this recipe makes two mini loaves because they'll go fast! You can eat one loaf now and freeze the other for later. — Ronnie Littles, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, spices and salt. In another small bowl, whisk the egg, sweet potato, honey, oil and molasses. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Transfer to two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Sweet Potato Spice Bread in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p31
Reviews for Sweet Potato Spice Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review