VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe dish; prick potatoes several times with a fork. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 13-15 minutes or until tender, turning once. Cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp; discard shell. In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Souffle in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p226
Reviews forSweet Potato Souffle
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2012
"I would not try this again. It tasted as if something was missing."