- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Arrange sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe dish; prick potatoes several times with a fork. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 13-15 minutes or until tender, turning once. Cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp; discard shell. In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Souffle in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p226
Reviews for Sweet Potato Souffle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2012
"I would not try this again. It tasted as if something was missing."