Sweet Potato Slaw
"I grew up in Louisiana, and we ate lots of sweet potatoes," says Brenda Sharon of Channing, Michigan. "They look like carrots in this distinctive salad."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded peeled uncooked sweet potatoes
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until smooth. In a
- large bowl, combine the potatoes, apple, pineapple and pecans. Add
- dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 269 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.