"I grew up in Louisiana, and we ate lots of sweet potatoes," says Brenda Sharon of Channing, Michigan. "They look like carrots in this distinctive salad."
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded peeled uncooked sweet potatoes
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, apple, pineapple and pecans. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Slaw in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p18
Reviews for Sweet Potato Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review