Sweet Potato Sausage Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 8 ounces Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, sweet potatoes, green pepper and onion in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Add the tomatoes, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Sausage Casserole
Sort By :
"I was hesitant to even try this recipe, but it turned out great. I did add extra salt, pepper, and some cayenne pepper for a kick. Will make again"
"I didn't care for this recipe. The sweet potato and sausage worked well together--but with the sweet potato, tomato and pasta did not. The entire recipe seem disjointed."
"This is really good, nice colours in the dish and great flavours too. I had some onion cheddar soup that I had made from scratch leftover, so I used that in place of the heavy cream and omitted the onions from the veggies."
"This is the best casserole I've ever had! I've got 5 different families hooked on it already and not a single person that didn't like it. It's the perfect combination of flavors and it's just as good when reheating it as leftovers!"
"My kids loved this and so did my husband. It is a favorite!!"